Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Little update

Time flies, it's already May! Been quite busy since the beginning or May and I had no time to really sit down and blogged. Since I have a little bit of free time right now, let's do a recap on what had happened recently and basically this is what all about this blog ... count my blessings.

Malaysia GE13
I had never been very aware about Malaysia politic until this year! The 13th General Election really was an "eye opener" to me. The election was on 5 May and we flew back to Kuching on 4 May. I voted in Kuching, Stampin aread, where as hubby need to travel by car for another 4 hours from Kuching to his hometown, Sarikei to vote. Why was I suddenly so "into" politics? Well, what I can say is, I wanted a better future for my son... our only son. My vote counted when the party that I voted won the seat! As well as hubby's. However, the overall result was disappointing. I just couldn't accept all the "tricks" that the government used to win the election. I used to be proud as a Malaysian. But ever since the 5 May GE, I feel ashamed to be a Malaysian. Now I can only pray that, God will continue to look after Malaysia and has His eyes on all the leaders. I just continue to pray for a better tomorrow as I believe everything is in His hands.

Mother's Day
Samuel is 4, so by all means, I have been a mother for 4 years. Not an easy job... but I enjoy the every second of that as a mother. Looking at him, I have nothing but thankful to our Father in heaven. I thank Him for giving me this precious gift which I treasure so dearly.
"Father, I used to say Samuel is our son, he is ours. But slowly I realized that, he belongs to You. We are the keepers. You will look after him and provide him whatever he needs. So we don't have to worry. You teaches me to let go. You ensures me that he will be safe in Your arms. Lord, I understand now. Lord I surrender Samuel into Your all mighty hands because I believe You love to him is more than anyone else in this world, even more than me."
I see Samuel getting more and more matured each year and I feel really proud of him. I always remind myself to teach him to stay close to our Lord Jesus Christ with the hope he will grow up to be a God fearing man! May God continue to guide me and teach me to be a better mother.
Samuel and the rest of the children from Sunday School presented a song on the 12 May Sunday service in conjunction with the mother's day celebration and he made a card for us, Daddy and Mommy :)

Launched of our online bakery shop
I am glad to know Ai Leng. She is a SAHM like me too and she likes to bake too! She approached me one day and said that she wanted to create a page on Facebook to sell some of our cakes! I thought that was a great idea! So there we have it! Our very first online bakery shop ~ Blessings Bakery House. It was launched on 13 May. Feel free to click on the link and "like" the page! :) Pray that God will bless our business and may our business glorify His name!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment