Saturday, April 20, 2013

Celebrating Yao's birthday

Back dated post

My youngest sister, Yao came all the way from Kuching to Penang to pay us a short visit from 15 till 18 Apr. So coincident that it was her birthday on the 15th. So we celebrated her birthday for her in Penang. She was so excited, as well as Samuel as he was very close to this "yi-yi". Yao works as a hair stylist in a saloon in Kuching and the saloon closed from 15 till 18 Apr for its "company trip". All Yao's colleagues together with the boss flew to KL but Yao requested to come to Penang. Her boss was very kind to grand her her birthday wish. :)

15 Apr, Monday
Yao arrived Penang around 11:15am on 15 Apr. She had to wait for me at the airport for nearly one hour as I had to pick up Samuel first before I could go and fetch her. After I picked her up from the airport, we headed to Sunway Carnival for a simple lunch as we were going to Tao for buffet in the evening! As I mentioned earlier, it was her birthday! So, there must be a birthday cake right? I made a simple vanilla sponge cake, with blueberry jam filling in the middle and chocolate ganache. As I had very limited of time, so I used the pre-mixed sponge cake powder I got from a bakery shop. After I baked the cake, I cut the cake into half, spread thick layer of blueberry jam in between the cake, and then combined the two slices together again. Then I made this chocolate ganache by referring to here.


We went to pick up David from his company before we headed to Tao Cuisine. I was told by the waitress while I called to make the reservation that if we managed to arrive before 6:30pm, we were entitled for 10% discount. Unfortunately we didn't make it. Anyway, we had a great time eating there and we just love the cheese baked scallops! And the oysters, Oh and the sashimi... and many more. Oh, and they were serving durian ice-cream that night! mmmm.... irresistible!Didn't manage to take many photos during the dinner as we were busy ordering food and eating... :)
 It was a great fun. After the dinner we went home for cake cutting "ceremony" for the birthday girl.
16 Apr, Tue
After we sent Samuel to school in the morning, I brought Yao to the morning market as I needed to do some marketing. Then we headed home to prepare lunch. We didn't go anywhere till 5pm. We sent out car to polish at Sunway Carnival and waited there for David to join us for dinner. David arrived around 6pm and we headed to Sakae Sushi for dinner.

17 Apr, Wed
I applied a day off for Samuel from his kindy as Yao and I wanted to go shopping at Queensbay Mall! I made the move around 11am and went to have our early lunch first when we reached there. We had a great meal at Dragon-i then went shopping. Or... more like window shopping as both Yao and I didn't get anything special. I just got a few t-shirt from Padini Concept Store. Night time we went for lok lok! Yes! My favorite. We used to go to the stall at Chang Ling Park. We performed quite well that night... hahaha... averagely each of us had around 10 to 13 sticks. yum!

Yao only stayed for 3 days 2 nights as she had to get back to work on 19th. Samuel was very happy to see his favorite "yi-yi" and he did anything also want "yi-yi" to do with him. Like, sleep also wanted Yao to sleep together with him, even bathing also wanted the "yi-yi" to wait outside the bathroom... (-_-)" Samuel was sad when "yi-yi" went back to Kuching. Hopefully Yao can come to see us again soon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment